King Oyster Mushroom “Scallops”
KING OYSTER SCALLOPS
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp seaweed flakes
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 king oyster mushrooms, brown tops removed
- Combine the water, seaweed flakes and soy sauce in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, remove from heat and let cool 10-15 minutes before stirring in the lemon juice. Discard the seaweed and set aside.
- Rinse the king oyster mushrooms and dry them well with a paper towel. Slice each into 3-4 large pieces, and add them to the saucepan. Let the mushrooms marinate for 20-30 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the tofu marinade.
- Drain the king oyster but keep the marinade, we will use it later to drizzle the cooked mushrooms for added flavor.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the king oyster mushrooms and cook each side for 4-5 minutes, until soft and golden brown. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.