- 2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 Tbl garlic crushed
- 6 cup butternut squash peeled, seeded and large diced
- 3 cup Arborio rice
- 6 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (or 4 cups homemade)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (optional but adds a great flavor. Add more water if you don't use it.)
- 2 8 oz package Baby Bella mushrooms chopped
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 10 oz baby spinach
Basil Pesto Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cup fresh basil tightly packed
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley tightly packed
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbl light miso
- 5 Tbl nutritional yeast
- 3/16 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 Tbl fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbl water
- Add vegan butter (or 1/4 cup water) to the Instant Post. Hit “Sauté.” onion and garlic cook
- Add the mushroom and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add squash and stir for another 1-2 minutes. (The squash will still be very hard but will soften.)
- Add the white wine and once it bubbles, let it do so for another 2 minutes so some of the alcohol burns off.
- Add in the rice and mix it in with everything in the pot.
- Add the broth, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, Italian seasoning and dried parsley.
- Stir well, deglazing (scraping) the bottom of the pot and then place the spinach on top (but do NOT mix in with everything else – just let it rest on top.)
- Secure the lid, hit “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” and High Pressure for 6 minutes.
Make the basil pesto and serve with a dollop.
BASIL PESTO INSTRUCTIONS
- Blend basil, parsley, garlic, miso, nutritional yeast, pine nuts and lemon juice in food processor.
- Slowly drizzle in water while machine is running to desired consistency.